David Hicks is a photography professional with over twenty years of experience providing visual direction across platforms. He has extensive experience in content management, art direction, production, editing, and digital asset management with a focus on the definition of key visual elements for national and regional publications.
David has worked for Washingtonian Media, USA Weekend, washingtonpost.com, and the White House as a photo editor, producer, and asset manager.
He is currently a contract photo editor with National Geographic in Washington, DC.
Recent National Geographic Projects:
- 1000 Facts About The Bible
- Encyclopedia of the United States
- Field Guide to Birds of North America
- Field Guide to Rock and Minerals
- Video Promo for World’s Best Cities
- 50 Places of a Lifetime Canada
- Crater Lake National Park – App for iPhone and iPad
- Glacier Bay National Park – App for iPhone and iPad